Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday.

Whew! Well, let me start off by saying... sorry I have been so M.I.A. this past week! I'll start off with a little recap before I get into my 5 on Friday. 

I had my last class of Fall 2013 semester on Saturday, and I earned a 4.0 this semester. This was really exciting for me, considering how hard I worked my butt off. I honestly thought this semester was not going to end. Grad school is completely different than undergrad. Sheesh!

I had wisdom teeth surgery on Wednesday, and it has been brutal. I am usually one tough cookie, but this is honestly one of the roughest things I've been through. Not being able to eat + all the pain medicine... my stomach is a mess! I definitely underestimated the amount of pain I would be in.

Sooo that brings me to my 5 on Friday.

{One} Remember my post on skin care? Well I went to the dermatologist a week ago, but haven't had time to write about it. He prescribed me an antibiotic + a face cream (Tretin-X). I've only been using the cream for a few days and while it makes my skin feel like it is peeling off, I can definitely tell a difference! My AM routine just consists of taking the antibiotic, washing my face with the black soap + moisturizing my face with the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion.  My PM routine consists of  taking the antibiotic, washing my face with the black soap, then putting a TINY amount of the Tretin-X cream on my face (the size of a pea) and rubbing it on the affected areas. 




{Two} I have been living off of pudding, jello, and ice cream the past 3 days and frankly, I am over it. I never thought I would be over ice cream. Also, I don't know why my husband bought me lottery tickets. But he did, and for that I love him. 


I also just really want a cheeseburger. Like... really really really want a cheeseburger. Soon...




{Three} Aren't these flowers Jesse bought me the cutest? I love when he buys me flowers. They just brighten up the entire place. 




{Four} Thank goodness for my mama who took me to Sephora yesterday so that I could buy the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I can't wait to play around with it. I have the Naked and Naked 2 palettes, and up until now the Naked palette has been my favorite. It might have a bit of competition with the Naked 3 palette though! 



{Five} This has been something I have been thinking a lot about lately. I won't expand on this, but I just wanted to share because I have a feeling I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially around this time of year. I think it's absolutely true and I think this is a lot of the reason I have been so disconnected lately. Hmm...



Hopefully I'll start feeling more like myself soon. I am ready to get out of the house and get some Christmas shopping done + I really need a mani/pedi. I've been such a grouch and I don't love feeling like one. I promise I'll be back to being my happy self soon! :) 

Have a great weekend! 

1 comment :

  1. Having anything done with your teeth is always awful! Hang in there girl! PS: I'm totally jealous of that Naked 3.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS