Tuesday, November 26, 2013

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas.

I cannot believe it is almost December.
Whoa. 
Where has this year gone?

We've gradually been putting out our Christmas decorations. I try to wait until after Thanksgiving, but I feel like the Christmas decorations are never up long enough! There's just something about Christmas decor that makes your home feel so nice and cozy.

We moved this past summer, and our tree that was once way too big for our little one bedroom apartment looked so tiny in our new apartment. After much consideration, (aka, me telling Jesse we need a new tree) I start looking for a taller Christmas tree. Of course Target was having a sale...

You know where this is going. 
So of course, I headed to Target a couple of days ago to buy a new tree. 

Last night we actually got around to decorating, and I am loving it! Here's the final product:



Jesse even helped, which is a shocker. Normally he is such a grinch.



I'm still working in the dining room table. I had it arranged so nicely for Thanksgiving, but I'm still trying to find ideas for Christmas.



We also don't have a mantle, so we have to hang our stockings on our bookcase. I diy-ed the trees on the top of the bookcase a couple of years ago. I want to do a few more sets soon!


I also diy-ed these wreaths to hang on our kitchen cabinets. I have the supplies to make a couple more. (Sorry for the flash... I don't have a fancy camera just yet. Just the trusty iPhone.)


I love the red and green theme we've kept with the past few years! I try to stock up on new ornaments during the after-Christmas clearance sales.


There's a little glimpse of our Christmas decor! 

Now that decorating is out of the way... it's time to get started on some Thanksgiving baking! Thanks for stopping by! 



1 comment :

  1. I love y'alls tree!! and that burlap table runner looks great, very simple chic!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS